Friday, November 04, 2005

Finally Friday

It has been a very long and arduous week filled with strife at work and on the homefront. Seems that my team at work and my team at home have all been on different wavelengths.

I hate it when that happens. I hate that when I wake up planning on having a great day with MBH something seems to be out of sync and we end up at cross purposes. This just seems to float right over to work where some uncertainity with the direction of the business has added a whole new element of budget planning and the operational plan I need to create by next Wednesday for the final budget meetings next Friday. So, I am most thankful that today is Friday. The end of the week.

Things are looking up for the weekend though. MBH and I have a tentative "date" for afterwork drinks and tomorrow is suppose to be one of those gorgeous Indian Summer days in New England. We will strap the bikes on the car and head over the ocean for one last hurrah on Nantucket. Here's to Friday!!!

You know the game, Andrea's Ipod Game. You know the rules by now, so let's put the Ipod on shuffle (no cheating now!) and see what the Shuffle Genie has for our listening pleasure. As usual, links for you to listen along.

Friday's Random 10

1. I'll Back You Up - Dave Matthews Band
2. Crossroads - Jim Brickman
3. Guilty - Yann Tiersen from the Amelie Soundtrack
4. Message in a Bottle - Gabriel Yared from the Message in a Bottle Soundtrack
5. Don't Think of Me - Dido
6. Come Undone - Duran Duran
7. I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt
8. Euphoria (Firefly) - Delerium
9. A Common Disaster - Cowboy Junkies
10. Instumental version of Natalie Merchant's Ophelia

The instrumental version of Natalie Merchant's Ophelia is a hidden track on the CD by the same name. I first heard it while doing sound for the National Figure Skating Championships that were held in Boston in 2001 (No, I can't remember who skated to it). It was my first download from the then illegal Napster (Don't worry, I own the album now). The perfect melancholy ending to a melancholy week.