Friday, December 09, 2005

Snowy Friday at Home

It is snowing outside. No, I take it that back it is SNOWING outside. The National Weather Service in Taunton, MA is saying it is coming down at over 2" an hour outside right now. It is snowing so hard MBH and I can't see the house across the street very well. Perfect day to stay snug and warm in our house where we both decided to work from this morning. Good thing too! I walked down to our neighborhood grocery store a bit ago and watched at least four people have minor fender benders. As I was walking, I could see people looking at me in their cars and imagined what they were thinking "Look at that crazy woman walking with her canvas bag. I'm glad that I'm all warm and dry inside my car". They would be wrong if they thought I was miserable. I love walking in the snow. Especially when it is snowing those big fluffy flakes. MBH thought I was crazy when I announced at 7am that I was walking to the grocery store. But I needed some more egg nog to mix with my coffee while I watch "Pride and Prejudice" and "It's a Wonderful Life" and wrap all the presents. What MBH doesn't know is that he is going to get to go for a walk in the snow in about 4 hours to help me take all the boxes to the post office ;-) "Dashing through the snow...."

Friday's Random 10

You all know the game by now. So let's get right down to business and see if any of the 65 Christmas songs I downloaded last weekend show up! (links provided for you to listen along of course).

1. Skin Trade - Duran Duran
2. Big Empty - Stone Temple Pilots
3. Black and White - Sarah McLachlan
4. Bring a Torch, Jeannette Isabella - Mannheim Steamroller
5. I will Know Your Love - Beth Nielsen Chapman
6. Red Rain - Peter Gabriel
7. Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root
8. Sailing to Philadelphia - Mark Knopfler(with James Taylor)
9. Spinning Wheel - Blood, Sweat & Tears
10.The Atheist Christmas Carol - Vienna Teng

Two of my favourite artists of all time are on this list: Beth Nielsen Chapman and Rusted Root. The Rusted Root song, "Send Me on My Way" is one of those songs that will bring a smile to your face and have you skipping down the sidewalk.