Friday, January 12, 2007

Command Performance

With the holidays, my trip "Up North", and then being sick, I haven't sent baked goodies to work with MBH the past three weeks. Yesterday I received the following email from him while we were both at work: "The VP of Customer Support came in and told me in no uncertain terms that he and his crew expect cookies on Monday! ;-) I said I would pass it on..."

I was planning on baking a few classic cookie jar cookies this weekend to send to MBH's parents. So, adding a few more dozen won't be tough. On the cookie menu for the weekend are oatmeal raisin, Toll House, snickerdoodles, black and white checkerboard refrigerator cookies, and another adaption of the Dorie Greenspan World Peace cookies I've been thinking about trying. There is also a request from one the guys in MBH's department to make some biscotti. I've never made biscotti before but I always like pistachio biscotti and have some pistachios that I've been saving to bake with. The recipes I've looked at for biscotti look pretty easy and quick.

Since MBH has Monday off for Martin Luther King Day, his crew will have to wait until Tuesday for their "demanded" treats. Of course, that gives me one more day to bake up a storm...