Tuesday, April 10, 2007

All the King's Flour...



A fellow Daring Baker recently asked her fellow DBers how much flour we each had in our pantries. This included cornmeal and any other type of ground grain we used in our baking endeavors. As I am in Fairfield, CT for my work week, I couldn't run out to the kitchen and KEC (Kat Entertainment Center, the nickname MBH has for our laundry room where we have 2nd pantry and LB has his liter box and other cat things) to count, but from memory here is the list: King Arthur (KA) unbleached AP, KA Unbleached Self rising, KA Whole Wheat, KA White Wheat, KA Sir Lancelot high gluten, KA Queen Guinevere Cake, Wondra flour for gravies, KA French flour, KA Buckwheat (only available in their store), KA Pumpernickel, KA Light Rye, Gold Medal AP, KA Bread, Bob's Red Mill Rice,Bob's Red Mills Amaranth, Bob's Red Mills Barley, KA Yellow Cornmeal, Martha White Cornmeal (white, Southern style), KA wheat gluten, and KA Golden Semolina.

So what does that put me at 19 bags of flour??!!

Ok, so I have a control problem when it comes to buying flour; especially when I visit the KA Mothership in Vermont...