Wednesday, November 14, 2007

On a Cake Kick

I'm not sure what it is but it seems like cake is the only thing coming out of my oven the past week...

Here is a tally of all the eggs, flour, sugar, and butter goodness baked since last Tuesday:

* German Chocolate Cake
* Barefoot Contessa Coconut Cupcakes
* Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
* Yellow Butter Sheet Cake with Coconut Icing (I had left-over cream cheese coconut icing from the cup cakes to use up)
* Triple Chocolate Birthday Cake with the left over chocolate ganache frosting from the German Chocolate Cake (This is being consumed today in the office for a birthday)

and tonight I'm going home to make not one but two pistachio cardamom poundcakes!!

Not to mention I received a special package from a friend in NYC yesterday containing a cookbook full of more cakes that are just dying to be made...and soon.

When will it end?