Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It Really Is the Start of the "Silly Season" Isn't It?




My long time readers know that despite working in a business that puts me in the middle of a lot of major sporting venues, I'm not a huge sports fan. Yea, I watch baseball and hockey and even have some favourite teams (Red Sox and Flames come to mind), but if I had to name one sport that I follow with a passion it would be politics.

I'm a political junkie and right now, in the throes of one of the best presidential elections in my memory, I'm telling you it is like watching the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby, and the World Series all rolled into one game!

Now, you are asking yourself, "what in the Wide, Wide World of Sports" (bonus points if anyone leaves a comment and tell me not only the movie but the actor who uttered that line in one of my all time favourite movies) does this have to do with food?

Well, in today's New York Times online political blog "The Caucus", there was a post about the amount of money all the political campaigns, both Democrat and Republican, have spent at bakeries during the primary season.

Apparently Hillary Clinton isn't the only person making someone get up to make the doughnuts...